Coaching and Consultation Services
I’m available to help writers who are developing nonfiction manuscripts (short or long) and establishing literary careers. My services include:
Manuscript critique: I’ll provide line-level and global comments on individual essays, book-length creative nonfiction manuscripts, or manuscript excerpts, responsive to your craft concerns. While my primary personal craft fascination is with non-linear structures, I’m dedicated to working with you to find the best formal containers for your stories and the best means of rendering at the level of the sentence and paragraph. (Copyediting is not included but is available upon request.)
Consultation: I’m available to provide general creative and professional guidance regarding grant applications, MFA program applications, publications, readings and presentations, and other creative or professional concerns.
My relevant experience:
- As a nonfiction faculty member in the low-residency MFA program in creative writing at the Institute of American Indian Arts, I conduct one-on-one distance mentoring and classroom workshops;
- I provide ongoing writing coaching in Seattle;
- Since 2008, I’ve performed my writing from behind countless podiums and have received instruction in literary performance;
- I’m the author of two books and many essays;
- I’ve received grants and fellowships from Artist Trust, Potlatch Fund, the City of Seattle, 4Culture, and Hugo House;
- In 2016, I served as Saturday editor for The Rumpus;
- My MFA in creative writing was granted by the University of Washington in 2009.
Rate: $100 per hour of reading work, responding, and meeting.
I can provide all services remotely or locally in Seattle. If you’d like to know more or are ready to start the consultation process, please email me: email@example.com.